The Sir Ben Ainslie Sports Centre will be re-opening its doors on Tuesday 1st September.
Our Sports centre will be re-opening in a phased approach from 1st September with the following facilities open from 1st September:
- Sports Hall
- Squash courts
*Bookings for all ‘Pay as you Go’ activities will be taken from 1st September.
The Studio will remain closed for the time being as the space does not allow for our customers to socially distance.
We have put plans in place to reopen the swimming pool in October.
KEEPING YOU SAFE
We have made every attempt to make your visit as safe as possible. We’ve been working hard behind the scenes to get ready to re-open safely. Key measures include:
- Limiting the number of members in certain areas of the club
- Hand sanitiser stations located in reception and the gym
- Enhancing our cleaning schedule to maintain high levels of hygiene, focusing on high contact points throughout the centre.
- More space has been created in the gym so you can exercise at a safe distance.
What to expect during your visit:
- Where possible please come changed for your activity in clean clothes, and shower at home after.
From Thursday 24th September customers are requested to wear face masks/coverings in all communal areas of the Sports Centre. This includes corridors, toilets, changing rooms and while waiting for your scheduled activity to start. Face masks/coverings may only be removed once inside the gym, squash courts or Sports Hall. *Under 11’s are exempt.
- Don’t forget to bring a filled water bottle as all touch operated water machines are currently unavailable.
- If you have a booked activity please do not turn up before your designated start time. If you are early for your activity we ask that you wait in your car or meet team mates outside and do not enter the centre until your start time.
- Upon entry to the centre please sanitise your hands at the station provided, there are also further dispensers located around the centre, please use these between activities.
- Follow all Corona virus safety signs, including one- way systems, distancing markers, directional arrows and instructions from staff members.
- Once your check in has been completed, please make your way as quickly as possible to the area in which your activity is booked.
- Please avoid waiting in corridors
- Avoid chatting to users outside of your “family or “bubble”.
- Leave the centre swiftly once your activity has finished.
- Not feeling great; please cancel your session and not attend until you are sure you are well and not displaying any Covid-19 symptoms.
- We have increased our cleaning schedule of the gym. However it is important that gym users clean all of the equipment you touch using our sanitiser including benches and mats.
- Attend your session alone, spotters are currently not allowed and sharing equipment between sets is also prohibited unless users are from the same household.
- Social distancing guidelines must be followed
- Maximum gym capacity is 20 based on it’s size and ventilation rate to ensure you can work out with all the space you need. You don’t need to pre-book a slot as capacity will be managed by our reception team.
- Please follow the one-way system around the Sports Centre, taking note of any directional signs.
- At this point, we are not able to allow towels in the gym, and water fountains will remain closed, so please come pre-prepared with a full water bottle.
- The following equipment (that is difficult to clean between each use) have been removed from use until we are safely able to reinstate them: Weighted bags, fabric cable machine attachments (such as Tricep pulldown rope), boxing pads and mits.
- Personal Trainers are available. PT’s are required to maintain a suitable distance from the member throughout the session.
- No bags are permitted to be left in the gym. Please use the lockers provided.
SBA SPORTS HALL & GYM (OPENS 1ST SEPTEMBER)
|SBA Sports Hall & Gym||Mornings||Evenings|
|Monday||06:30 – 08:00||18:10 – 21:30|
|Tuesday||06:30 – 08:00||18:10 – 21:30|
|Wednesday||06:30 – 08:00||18:10 – 21:30|
|Thursday||06:30 – 08:00||18:10 – 21:30|
|Friday||06:30 – 08:00||18:10 – 21:30|
|Saturday||09:00 – 18:00|
|Sunday||09:00 – 18:00|
*During holiday periods the Sports Hall & Gym will be open 0630-2130 weekdays.
Truro School holidays 2020/21
Autumn term Half Term: Monday 26th October to Friday 6th November.
Christmas Holidays: Monday 21st to Friday 1st January
Spring Half Term: Monday 15th to Friday 19th February
Easter Holidays: Thursday 1st April to Friday 16th April
SWIMMING POOL TIMETABLE (Currently Closed until November 2020)
|SBA Swimming pool||Mornings||Afternoon||Evenings|