Sports & Activities Cornwall
We boast a range of both Indoor and Outdoor Facilities available for a variety of sports. Book them out for a one off event, regular use or for a game with your mates such as Badminton, squash or 5 a-side football. Please find more information below on the specific facilities available at The Sir Ben Ainslie Sports Centre.
Booking and payment:
We welcome both members and non-members to to the facility. Some days/times can be very popular so we recommend that everybody books in advance; in person at our reception or call 01872 246050. Please note that payment will be required on booking for all classes, so please have a credit or debit card to hand.
We operate a ‘1 day’ cancellation policy. Bookings cancelled with 1 day’s notice** can be rearranged, or refunded. Any booking cancelled on the day will not be eligible for any refund or transfer.
**Cancellations must be made by the close of business the day before.
KEEPING YOU SAFE
We have made every attempt to make your visit as safe as possible. We’ve been working hard behind the scenes to get ready to re-open safely. Key measures include:
- Limiting the number of members in certain areas of the club
- Hand sanitiser stations located in reception and the gym
- Enhancing our cleaning schedule to maintain high levels of hygiene, focusing on high contact points throughout the centre.
- More space has been created in the gym so you can exercise at a safe distance.
What to expect during your visit:
- Where possible please come changed for your activity in clean clothes, and shower at home after.
- Don’t forget to bring a filled water bottle as all touch operated water machines are currently unavailable.
- If you have a booked activity please do not turn up before your designated start time. If you are early for your activity we ask that you wait in your car or meet team mates outside and do not enter the centre until your start time.
- Upon entry to the centre please sanitise your hands at the station provided, there are also further dispensers located around the centre, please use these between activities.
- Follow all Corona virus safety signs, including one- way systems, distancing markers, directional arrows and instructions from staff members.
- Once your check in has been completed, please make your way as quickly as possible to the area in which your activity is booked.
- Please avoid waiting in corridors
- Avoid chatting to users outside of your “family or “bubble”.
- Leave the centre swiftly once your activity has finished.
- Not feeling great; please cancel your session and not attend until you are sure you are well and not displaying any Covid-19 symptoms.